Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WW Wed.

Hi, friends! I am on my way to South Carolina for Jeffrey's arrangements so I apologize for having to keep this short. I went to the doctor a couple of days ago and I have lost 20 lbs. I could not be more thrilled and am looking forward to getting more off. Here is a yummy recipe I printed from "3 fat chicks on a diet". They have some awesome recipes, so you should check them out.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie

What you need:
1 can (10 3/4 ounce) fat free reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cups skim milk, divided
1 pkg (10 ounce) frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup buttermilk baking mix
1/4 tsp. summer savory or parsley

What to do:
Heat soup, 1 cup skim milk, vegetables, chicken and pepper in medium saucepan over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Combine biscuit mix, summer savory, and 3 to 4 tablespoons milk until soft batter is formed. Drop batter by spoonfuls to make 6 dumplings. Partially cover and simmer 12 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through, spooning liquid from pot pie over dumplings once or twice while cooking.

Serves 6.
1 Serving = 5 WW points.

Also, if you eat at the office a lot like I do- you will appreciate these! Lean Cuisine now offers Market Cuisine meals in steam fresh bags!

They have 8 available flavors, but I LOVE the Chicken Margherita! They are so fresh and only take 5 minutes. I noticed in the store today that they also have larger bags available (I'm guessing for two). Delicious and very filling. Click here for a coupon! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. those lean cuisine bags are on sale at publix this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken pot pie looks great! I really might need to try that.

    And, I am continuing to pray for you during this difficult time. Please know that my thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete