Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WW Wed.

Okay, so it's been passed around all over blogger world lately, so I had to try it for myself! I originally saw it over at the fantastic Summer B's page and I knew if I was going to eat it then I had to figure out how many points it was going to cost me. And I have to say... it's not thaaat bad and totally worth the 3 points!  It's absolutely delicious! So delicious that it took no time for our football game watching guests to devour all 32 of them!
What in the world am I talking about?
BEER BREAD
The black text will be the original recipe given- in red, is what I used in order  to calculate it for Weight Watchers.

 This is what you do. In a big bowl, mix:

3 cups self-rising flour Martha White All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 bottle of beer Michelob Ultra
1/2 block of Borden Pepper Jack Cheese (This was good- but next time I think I will try cheddar cheese instead)
10 chopped jalapeno slices

mixmixmix

transfer dough to a loaf pan or use muffin pans so you can equally distribute for point purposes. This mixture should bake 16 muffins.
pour 1/2 stick melted butter on top I Can't Believe It's Not Butter- original
bake 50 mins at 375
take bread out, pour another 1/2 stick melted butter on top
bake 10 more mins

Voila. The easiest and most delicious bread you've ever tasted. Don't have self-rising flour? No problem. So instead of 3 cups of self-rising flour, I used:
3 cups regular flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 teaspoons salt
Mix those three things + the sugar well (a fork works wonderfully), add the beer, mix it all together, and it will be perfect.

16 bread muffins- 129 c, 4.5 f, 0 fiber
= 3 WW points per muffin!
Sooo good! I promise!

2 comments:

  1. What a great recipe! I am just starting Weight Watchers back up. Love your blog and I am a new follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds divine. I love anything with beer, cheese and jalapenos. Adore bread, too!

    Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete