Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lots of updates and pics.

Hey ya'll! I have been a little thrown off due to Jeffery's unexpected death and all, so I failed to share with you all the wonderful things going on with us right now!
Last Saturday was my soon to be sister-in-law's bridal shower. Jamie is marrying my brother on the 18th and her twin sister, little sister, my sister, and I are all bridesmaids. We all got together and gave her a cute little shower and had so much fun sharing the special day with her.

We hosted the shower at the original school house in our town- which is now the city library, so we decided to go with a vintage theme. I collected china pieces from all over and we served the guests their food and cake on pretty little plates. Jamie collects sweet little birds, so we used them for part of our decor along with different colored pastel buttons sprinkled on the tables. We used doilies, cherry blossom branches, and antique frames as well.

We had all the guests leave a sweet message for the bride and groom using different colored chalk on the old black board. My mom had an old fashioned park bench, so we brought that in and let guests place their gifts on and around it.
We made these adorable shortbread button cookies, bagged them, and attached the cute recipe for all the guests. We placed them all in a white bird bath (new- not used). You can print the recipe here.
Jamie and Stephen bought one of the first houses to be established in our town and are slowly but surely remodeling it.
They are working on the kitchen right now and have painted the area blue and are using black accents as well as a touch of yellow decor. I wish I had a pick of the kitchen they are trying to achieve because it is fantastic, but here is one the gifts I got them to use in their kitchen.
The mirror was gold- but I painted it black and it turned out perfect for their kitchen. I will have to post before and after pics of the room once they are finished.
~~~~~~~~
I have started painting that nursery I was telling you about a couple of weeks ago. I am working on it again tonight- so I will have pics to share soon! It's looking good! Judson helped with purchasing the supplies.
~~~
Boogs has been a sweet little boy the past few days- which is nice considering he accumulated a nasty little attitude a couple of weeks back. All he did was walk around saying "NO!" to everyone and pitching little fits about everything! I took him shopping yesterday for wedding attire and he was so proud of his new shoes and clothes that he wanted me to put them on him last night to show his Poppy and Kay Kay. He has his pajama pants on with a button down dress shirt, tye, and new shoes riding his little pony! Yee-haw!
~~~
Oh, and how could I forget- Alabama had their first game of the season! We had our usual guests over to watch the game outdoors and grill out.
Boogs was ready for it too! Roll Tide!
Hope everyone has a great week- we have lots coming up including bachelor/bachlorette parties, the hubby's birthday, and lots of creative projects. :)

3 comments:

  1. how cute is that apron! your baby is soooo adorable! :) hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...boogs riding the horse in his pjama pants but dress shoes, shirt, and tie is w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l.!! I love a moment like that!!

    ReplyDelete