Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WW Wed.

Hello everyone! I am proud to say that I have officially made it past my first goal of 15 lbs! You would be amazed at how much better losing just 15 lbs. can make you feel! I feel lighter and have more energy than I have had in a while. I have a long way to go- but man it feels good to have reached my first goal!
 
I also found a recipe for a great crock-pot meal. You should give it a try- seems like it would be spicy, but it really isn't. I personally love spicy food so next time I make it I am going to try and make it a little spicier, but the overall flavor of it was wonderful!
pic and recipe came from here.

Crock-pot Chicken Taco Chili

Servings: 10  Size: 10 oz  Prep Time: 5 minutes Calories: 202
 Points: 4 ww points

• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 16-oz can black beans
• 1 16-oz can kidney beans
• 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
• 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
• 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies ( I used Rotel)
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 1 tbsp cumin
• 1 tbsp chili powder
• 24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
• chili peppers, chopped (optional)
• chopped fresh cilantro

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).

5 comments:

  1. I love Love LOVE spicy food. Best stuff out there. And congrats on the 15 pounds. That is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe looks yummy! Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats lady! I am going to make this recipe too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!! I am so excited for you! Fifteen pounds is what I want to lose, and I have found myself very unmotivated lately. Thanks for getting me back on track!

    PS - I made that dish, and it is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipee!!! Congratulations on your weight loss. That is great. I'm so happy for you...keep it up!

    I will be trying your recipe FOR SURE. It sounds delicious. I love absolutely everything in it! Thanks for sharing.

    Cute blog make-over, by the way.

    I grabbed your button! :)

    ReplyDelete