Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

WW Wed


Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing great! This week I am on vacation and although I am only vacationing at my house with my little one, I am having a good time. The weekend was tough because our family had an ugly little stomach virus- thank goodness it was a 24 hour bug. This made Monday really hard for me though- all I wanted to do was eat! I was starving since I literally had nothing over the weekend except sherbert with Sprite. All I wanted all day was... cookies and cream ice-cream! I didn't deprive myself though- I ate one bowl and am trying to forget the rest is in the freezer! Yesterday was much better- detoxed with eating TONS of watermelon all day and today I am being a good little girl and eating healthy again! Remember you have to eat to lose! Starving yourself does nothing but... STARVE your body of rich nutrients and energy that it needs to help you lose weight and fight sicknesses/diseases. Don't it make you feel good to know you should eat?! You really should! :)
This is a new recipe from WW I came across this morning. I plan on making it sometime this week- yummy!
Grilled Tuna with Herbed Butter

Ingredients
1 pound(s) yellowfin tuna, one steak cut 1- to 1-1/2 inches thick
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh lime juice
1 spray(s) cooking spray
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 Tbsp chives, fresh, finely chopped
1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, finely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1 tsp lime zest, fresh, minced
1/4 tsp table salt, or more to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
1 pound(s) spinach, baby-variety, steamed
Instructions
Drizzle both sides of fish with oil and lime juice; set aside.
Off heat, coat grill with cooking spray; preheat grill to high.
Meanwhile, in a small metal bowl, combine softened butter, chives, parsley, tarragon, lime zest, salt and pepper; set aside.
Cook tuna on one side for 3 minutes; carefully flip and cook on other side for 3 more minutes for rare, or longer until desired degree of doneness. Place bowl containing butter mixture on grill just until it melts — you don’t want to cook it.
Thinly slice tuna and serve over spinach; drizzle melted herb butter over top. Yields about 3 ounces of tuna and 1/4 of spinach per serving.
Notes
You can cook the tuna on a grill pan in the broiler, if you prefer.
Tuna is prepared like steak in this recipe — cooked in one large piece on a very hot grill. If you like your tuna more well done, add about 1 minute to the total cooking time. But tuna cooks fast so make sure not to overcook it.
The herb butter topping is great on both the tuna and the spinach. Use a lemon if you don’t have a lime on hand.
WW points per serving: 4

Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 6 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Hope everyone has a great week! Wish me luck- this weekend the hubby and I are going to the beach all weekend for a wedding extravaganza and there is going to be lots of food I am sure! Say a little prayer for me to have the strength to restrain myself from my favorite thing in the world- WEDDING FOOD!! LOL

3 comments:

  1. I hope your feeling 100% soon!

    Enjoy your vacay:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that recipe looks so good! feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staycations are the best! I hope you're finding yours the perfect way to recover!

    This recipe looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete