Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jeffrey

I am writing this right now because it's all I know to do right now. I feel like I can't breathe. I am shaking and this all seems like a bad dream. I have been trying to go to sleep for over an hour and can't seem to get there. My heart is heavy. I found out tonight that my cousin Jeffrey from South Carolina (you know my sweet South Carolina cousin who I love with all my heart) died this morning from a heart attack. I just don't even know what to feel right now. I am heart broken. I just need to write this and say... I love you my Jeffrey and I will miss you so much. The world will not be the same without you. I will miss your big bear hugs, funny jokes, and contagious laughter every time you called me.
Jeff was a railroad conductor, deputy chief for the fire department, and the most loving teddy bear you could ever meet. He was also a wonderful husband to his wife Brandi. Please keep her in your prayers right now.
Here was his most recent status on facebook:
Jeffery Thompson says: rest in peace to my uncle julian..a unique person..he passed away yesterday after fighting cancer for three years. My thoughts are with my Aunt Linda...wishing I could be there in Alabama....(the greatest state in the US) to comfort her. I hope all my facebook friends remember this little message...life is short...it's better to regret the things you did..then to regret never doing things!! on Friday

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will be praying for you and your family. Love, Emma.

    ReplyDelete