Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pink & Green Thursday


I love how everyone is having fun with Pink and Green Thursday’s! I had a co-worker of mine come to me last week, show me something Pink & Green, and say that I should use it for my blog! She also said that she loves reading my Pink & Green posts! Thank you Sharon- I am so glad that you enjoy reading them.

After looking over what she had to show me- I decided it was indeed a great idea! We live in Mobile, Alabama and there is a charming little magazine that is published here for our county as well as our neighboring county. “Mobile Bay” magazine always has such neat little things in it such as a gallery section featuring local artists; bay tables where the magazine features a local family’s home and what they eat; a history section about buildings, property, or events that took place here so long ago, and lots more!
This month, the bay tables section exhibited the adorable bay home of Lyons and Michelle Bousson. The husband wanted a rustic, comfortable fishing camp, while the Mrs. longed for a bright, cheery beach house. So they put two and two together and this is the great little house they built! I wish it showed the inside of the house- I bet it is really cute!

Here is the recipe that the Bousson’s shared in their article:
Lemon Cups
Ingredients:3 large lemons
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
½ cup butter
2 15-count packages frozen mini phyllo shells, thawed
Directions:
Grate zest from lemons. Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl. Combine zest and sugar in a food processor and mix well. Add lemon juice and eggs, and process until ingredients are combined. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the lemon mixture to the butter, stirring until well blended. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the filling thickens. Pour the lemon filling into a plastic bowl and cover; let cool. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the thawed shells on a cookie sheet for 3 minutes. Allow shells to cool before filling. When ready to serve, spoon the cold lemon filling into the shells. Makes 30 cups.

The following pictures were NOT in the Bousson’s home, but they are from bay houses and they were too cute not to share!

What a great way to show you what we southerners here on the Gulf Coast love!

Happy Pink & Green Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. The Gulf Coast is just the best! I love those stripes! How bright and perfectly cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute are those signs? love love love!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW FUNNY!! I just read this edition at B&N. LOVED the house!!!

    Hope your day is awesome!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post as much as I love that house!!! The colors on that porch ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delightful. It reminds me of island living. Colorful and carefree.

    Those lemon cups sound delicious. Perfect dessert to serve with BBQ. YUM!

    ReplyDelete