Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WW Wednesday!

Welcome to WW Wed ya'll! How are you? Have you been doing good with your eating and exercising? I have been doing pretty good- except for last night when my dad talked me into going to the Waffle House aka Awful House to eat dinner with him. Don't get me wrong.. they have yummy food. It's just that even their sign screams "GREASE" at me when I see one. I have not eaten there in years.. until last night. I have felt disgusting ever since I devoured a cheese steak omelet, toast, and covered hash browns. I need to just let it go and move on with my detoxing of Awful I mean Waffle House today. It's a new day- a fresh start.
Let's talk about exercise! I have been really motivated to get going lately. I want to start doing my Jillian Michael's 20 minute video again. That thang will kick your butt! I went running around campus between work and class this week and it felt so good letting the autumn wind blow in my face. I felt rejuvenated, seriously!
Want to know what I'm cooking this weekend? It's the newest recipe on Gina's page! Are you ready for this????
Skinny Sloppy Joes
Photobucket
What you need:
• 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground beef sirloin
• 1 tbsp steak seasoning or seasoned salt
• 1 carrot, minced
• 1 medium onion, minced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
• 4 oz mushrooms, minced
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cups tomato sauce
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
Chop all the vegetables really fine, using a chopper or food processor. (They will never know they are in there!)
What to do:
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the meat to the pan and break it up as it cooks. Season with steak seasoning and cook the meat until it browns, then add onion, carrots, mushrooms and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, cook 5 more minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste to pan, stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook an additional 5 minutes. Using a measuring cup, pile 1/2 cup of sloppy meat onto toasted buns

Adapted from Rachel Ray
Picture and Recipe from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 7 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup or 1/4 lb
WW Points: 2

Be sure and check out my sidebar- you are not going to want to miss out on the new low point breakfast I found! Perfect for cold weather and my little one loves them too! Have a productive week and feel free to e-mail me with questions or advice! Speaking of... thank you all for the emails about my so called non-existent crows feet, lol ya'll sure know how to make a gal feel good!

1 comment:

  1. Those sloppy joes sound wonderful! And I love your attitude...a new day is always a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete