Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WW Wed.

Today is an exciting Weight Watchers Wednesday for me because I am officially weighing in smaller than I did pre-pregnancy! It's taken me long enough, huh? I read an article awhile back about Melissa Joan Hart getting back in shape and she made the comment that she had to quit using her children as her excuse. It's so easy to say "Well, I just had a baby." I was reminded of this when I was discussing with someone how unhappy I am with my weight and they said, "Well, you just had a baby." LOL- yeah 18 months ago! It feels good to have taken control of myself (mind, body, and spirit) and making necessary changes to be healthier and happier. Let me just say... if you think you can't do this... YOU CAN! I promise! If I can do it, anyone can!
Now... to the yummy stuff!
Baked Apples with Vanilla Drizzle

Ingredients

6 medium apple(s), Golden Delicious-variety
3/4 cup(s) raisins, chopped, or a combination of dried fruit bits*
1 cup(s) apple cider
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 oz Colombo Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt, or other brand (about 1/4 cup)
2 Tbsp chopped pecans, toasted
Instructions
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Cut a thin slice across bottom and top of apples. Use a melon baller or sharp knife and spoon to core apples, making sure not to go all the way through to the bottom. Stuff each apple with 2 tablespoons raisins or dried fruit.
• Place apples in a baking pan. In a small bowl, combine cider and maple syrup; pour around apples. Bake, basting thoroughly with pan juices every 10 minutes, until apples are soft and cooked through, about 55 to 65 minutes total.
Before serving, drizzle apples with pan sauce, yogurt and pecans. Yields 1 apple, 2 teaspoons yogurt and 1 teaspoon pecans per serving.

Servings: 6
WW Points=3
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 65 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Recipe and photo by WW online.

Oh yeah, thought I would share my latest favorites on my Ipod for workout music. These really get me going:
1.) "Like A G6" by Far East Movement
2.) "Rock Star 101" by Rihanna
3.) "Heads Will Roll" by yeah yeah yeahs

Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled on your beautiful blog, and I love it! Congrats on losing baby weight. :)

    Stop by and visit my blog sometime.

    http://cindyswanslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete