Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Festivities

Hello y'all! My weekend was a lot of fun! We started off early Saturday morning and walked in the Breast Cancer Awareness walk downtown. It was really cold and still dark when we left the house, which I love because it reminds me of traveling. Every time my family went on a vacation when I was growing up we would leave really early in the morning while it was still dark and the air was still cool.

To me the walk was about much more than just breast cancer. I have lost loved ones to various types of cancer and seen others around me hurt from their losses as well. Walking in this walk, for me, was to take 3 hours out of my busy life to remember those people by participating in such an important event. Some people are sceptical about donating to cancer research because they are not sure where the money actually goes.. but sometimes it's just not about the money people. Sometimes it's something more than that. I don't know why... but I found myself a little emotional when we arrived at the walk. I guess I was thinking if I had cancer of any sort, I would appreciate someone taking the time to walk for me. I personally walked for Jennifer Aspen Stewart, Hailey Lavender Jones, Manny Vital, Daddy Butch, Furman Stewart, Roy Lynch, and many more!
Photobucket
Little Boogs could only handle being in his stroller for so long before he decided he must be carried the rest of the way. That boy is heavy!
Photobucket
Saturday night.. the Mr. took me on a date to the fair. We had a blast talking about all the times we had been to the fair when were younger (not together.. we didn't know each other then). We ask each other a lot of questions like "where were you when I was in sixth grade?" He is 6 years older than me and that is not such a significant age different NOW, but years ago when I was starting 9th grade and he was graduating college.. BIG difference! LOL. Here I am on our date winning a fair game for the very first time! We really did have a great time!
Photobucket
and last night was of course Halloween and what could make Halloween even more spectacular? The SWAT team searching your neighborhood for an escaped prisoner!! True story! I promise! There was even a helicopter hovering over our area. They found the prisoner hiding behind the Methodist church right down the street from my parents house. It was a good thing too because let me tell ya... there was a new sheriff in town...

Photobucket

Photobucket
I had a blast at our little Halloween party and could relax a little more after that prisoner was caught! I think all the parents were a little leery of letting their little ones out and about to trick-or-treat. We had lots of yummy treats for our guests and gave the babies wagon hay-rides.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We decided to take them to a few houses on my parents street to let them trick or treat and by the 4rth house they were really getting the hang of it! LOL- so much that they hauled butt running into some one's house and the husband had to go in after them. I laughed so hard!! Judson would walk up the houses and peek in the front door window and knock. He knew this meant candy was coming. He should be a pro next year :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
The babies kept sneaking candy on their wagon ride and were covered in a nice layer of stickiness when we got back to the house. Boogs was one hyper little boy!! See picture below.
Photobucket
I scrubbed all the sugary goodness off of him and put him into his pajamas. I forgot to take a pic with him at the party so I wanted the husband to get a cute one of us before he went to bed, but this proved to be impossible due to the high sugar intake my child participated in.
TAKE 1
Photobucket
TAKE 2 (note- he looks like a devil child here)
Photobucket
TAKE 3
Photobucket
TAKE 4
Photobucket
TAKE 5- Oh shoot! I give up! Too tired! LOL
Photobucket
Hope your Halloween was fantastic!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post!! Your little boogs is adorable!! I can;t believe there was an escaped prisoner on Halloween...scary and kind of hilarious(only in hindsight since he was found)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, your lil cowboy is too cute!!

    I wanted to go to the fair so I could get a corndog :p
    ahem......maybe next year!

    That's awesome about the walk...I so could imagine the emotions. God Bless all the people who are battling this horrid disease :(

    ReplyDelete