Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Reflections

It was rainy here over the weekend, but I enjoyed it. I got some much needed rest. We laid around watching "Dexter" all weekend. I wonder why I am just now getting involved with this show- it's wonderful! I am officially obsessed with watching it- we are just like 4 years too late getting started on it, LOL. We have only made it through the first season so far. Hope the second season is just as good!
Saturday was a little hectic, but turned out great! We had a surprise party for my mama for her 50th birthday and man was it hard to pull off. Just put it this way... we ended up having to go with Plan C just to get her there! All that matters was that she was SURPRISED though. All her friends and family were there to celebrate with her. We had a fun time :) Below is a pic of her cake. It's cupcakes in the shape of "50" with "Happy Birthday Kelly" written on the board. When I first picked up the cake at the bakery, it said "Happy Birthday Kelly On Board". WOW! I tried to go ahead and bring it just because I knew everyone would think it was funny but the lady insisted on correcting it.
Me and my seester waiting on everyone to get there.
Mama's face when she walked in :)
Boogs got his hands on a cupcake
After the party, we went back to my parents house where my Mama's friends had set up an "after party" in the back yard. Surprise Again! Lots of goodies to eat and a bonfire to relax around. Yesterday I was looking through all of the pictures and came across one that got me thinking, "Why does my husband always look at me like I'm an idiot?" I mean, do I look like an idiot? LOL- umm don't answer that. He's been doing this for awhile too because the first picture is from one of my bridal showers and the 2nd one is from Saturday night.
I think next time I will give him a crazy look for once :)
I've been reflecting a lot- especially since a co-worker gave me a copy of Taylor Swift's new CD on Friday. I am being honest when I say I was seriously surprised at how much I loved this CD. I am not a big country music fan, but I do have a very small list of favorite country music artists including Sugar Land and Carrie Underwood. I truly love Taylor's CD and think I have officially added her to one of my favorites. Her songs made me go back in time and some touched me enough to make me cry. I love when music can affect me in that way.

I especially love these songs by her:
Back to December
Mean
Never Grow Up
Innocent

I mean look at these lyrics. I just love them.

Guess you really did it this time
Left yourself in your war path
Lost your balance on a tightrope
Lost your mind trying to get it back
Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days
Always a bigger bed to crawl into
Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything
And everybody believed in you

It's alright just wait and see, your string of lights are still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent
Still an innocent

Did some things you can't speak of
But at night you live it all again
You wouldn't be shattered on the floor now
If only you had seen what you know now then
Wasn't it easier in your firefly catching days
When everything out of reach someone bigger brought down to you
Wasn't it beautiful running wild till you fell asleep
Before the monsters caught up to you

It's alright just wait and see, your string of lights are still bright to me
Oh who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent

It's okay, life is a tough crowd
32 and still growing up now
Who you are is not what you did
You're still an innocent

Time turns flames to embers
You'll have new Septembers
Every one of us has messed up too
Minds change like the weather
I hope you remember
Today is never too late to
Be brand new

It's alright just wait and see, your string of lights are still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent

It's okay, life is a tough crowd
32 and still growing up now
Who you are is not what you did

You're still an innocent
You're still an innocent
Lost your balance on the tight rope
It's never too late to get it back

Reminds me of where I was a couple of years ago. I know that some people don't understand how people can change. For instance looking back at how some people were in high school and how they were druggies and out of control and now there lives are in control and they are Christians. Some people have a hard time seeing how they can be good now. How could they have lived that life then and now quote Bible versus on their facebook status? But it's called forgiveness. It is NEVER too late to be brand new. That's the beauty of Jesus Christ forgiving you of your sins and making you new. All those things you did and aren't proud of.. well those can go away and be forgotten. Just give it all to him. I promise you will find yourself in the best place you ever have and with a weight lifted off your shoulders. And no... I was no pot head in high school LOL, but I did do things that I regret and treated people differently then than I would now. I suppose everyone has things that haunt them, but like I said, it's never too late to let those ghosts go and move on with your life- for the better. Okay- so now I'm done preaching LOL. You should seriously listen to her CD though, it's great! The End.

Love, E





4 comments:

  1. I am completely addicted to Dexter. I have watched all 4 season, but I don't have cable to watch season 5, I will have to wait for the DVD's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those old&new photos of you & you your hubby are seriously hilarious! =)

    Have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old and new pics of you and your hubby..hilarious, but cute!! It looks like y'all had a lot of fun with the birthday suprises :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and happy birthday to your mama! It was super rainy here for the last few days, and I'm so thankful for the sun today! I've only seen a few episodes of Dexter but it seems addicting!

    ReplyDelete