Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Week

Last Sunday my parents went out of town for a 7 day cruise. The weeks before, me, my siblings and spouse were pre-planning a living room makeover for them, so when my parents left at 6:30 a.m. the husband and I were like kids on Christmas morning jumping up out of bed and stripping wallpaper by 7:00 a.m. As you can see in the pics below (one is from last October and one is Christmas 2 years ago) the room was pretty dated. When we moved in that house 11 years ago- my mother and I put up that wallpaper and thought it was wonderful! That's because it was... 10 years ago!! We decided there must be a makeover soon. My mom has talked about it for about a year now, so we decided to surpsise them as a mother's day/father's day gift. Here is how our week went.
We took down the chair railing and started sanding and putting on the Kilz. You can see the excitement on my sisters face.
Boogs.. already bored with it all.
Finally getting somewhere... the final coat. We then had my brother come in and build custom shelves for both sides of the fireplace. He did a great job! We finished with the final touches yesterday morning and my parents came home to a new living room. They were VERY surprised and loved it!


and the other side.
and now we shall rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment