Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My new way...

As you all know.. I love to cook! Being from the south it is so easy to be drawn to cook soul food. I just love it- I love baking delicious patries, casseroles, and lots of foods that aren't so good for us. The past year I have really packed on the pounds and I can no longer use the excuse of having a baby- he is now 15 months old! I weigh the most I have ever weighed (minus being prego) and I can't take it anymore. I joined Weight Watchers a week ago (for the second time; I joined once before we got married and loved it!) and feel great after eating better and not to mention have already lost 5.3 lbs. So- from here on out most of the recipes I have on here will come with nutrition facts; yummy food but also better for you food. For the past few days I have really enjoyed fresh grapes, cherries and whole wheat toast for breakfast. 1 cup of grapes= 1 point. 1 cup of fresh cherries= 1 point. 1 pc. of whole wheat toast= 1 point. TOTAL BREAKFAST= 3 points. AWESOME! And... they are so pretty!
I am hoping that some of you will join me. I am doing WW online this time and really love how the system works. They are having a free 7 day trial right now that lets you try everything out. Not to mention it is more affordable to join online rather than go to the meetings. BUT do whatever works best for you!

2 comments:

  1. way to go!!! :) I should go and try it!!!

    BUT now... You have me wanting to COOK some SOUTHERN recipes!

    PLEASE!? PLEASE?! PLEASE!? :) Give us some of your yummy southern recipes. My daddy was from Arkansas! SO I LOVE ME SOME SOUTHERN FOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- you are soo funny! You know I will not be able to resist and give you guys some great recipes! :) YAY for Southern Food! I will just have to be good and eat in moderation!

    ReplyDelete