Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Did you know?


Did you know... that sometimes you can call a bookstore ahead of time and pre-order books that will be autographed by their authors? I did not know this until I was visiting one of my favorite authors' website and she said that if you could not make it to any of the locations on her book tour that you could call the bookstore and they would hold an autographed book for you (after you pre-pay of course). I apprehensively called one of the locations on Emily Giffin's book tour list, which happened to be in Missouri and they could not have been any nicer! This clerk was sooo sweet that when I got my book I was surprised to see that she had Emily Giffin personalize her autograph to me! How sweet! I just figured that the author would sign a pile of left over books and the clerks would mail them out to their appropriate owners, but no.. they were nice enough to give the author the names of the fans! Pretty awesome I must say. :)
Love, E

No comments:

Post a Comment