Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WW Wednesday!

Welcome back for WW Wed! I am dissapointed to say that my weight stayed the same on the scale this week. Nevertheless, I will not be shaken and this coming Monday hopefully I will see some good results. Saturday evening I cooked these delicious subs and saying my family loved them would be an understatement. THEY ARE FABULOUS! You must try! I also wanted to share with you a site I love to visit. If you are on WW or just need some plain ole motivation, visit Roni's Weigh and I promise she will have you pumped up! I go to her page everyday and remind myself that this absolutely can be done!
Here are my yummy meatballs cooking after I started shaking them around
Super Meatball Subs- by WW
Ingredients
1 pound(s) lean ground turkey
1/2 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs, Italian-flavor
1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg(s)
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp kosher salt
24 oz canned tomato sauce
20 oz Italian bread, about two 10-inch loaves
1/2 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place oven racks in top 1/3 of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or foil that’s been coated with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, cheese, egg, Italian seasoning and salt. Using a tablespoon to scoop out turkey mixture, gently shape a tablespoon of mixture into a small meatball and place on a prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining ingredients to make 32 meatballs. Bake, shaking pans every 5 minutes to promote even browning, about 10 to 15 minutes.
While meatballs are cooking, slice each loaf of bread into four equal pieces.
When meatballs are done, remove from baking sheets. Place bread on same baking sheets; top each piece with 4 meatballs. Spoon about 3 tablespoons sauce over meatballs in each sandwich; top each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and sandwiches are heated through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
Serves 8. 1 serving=7 WW points

Hang in there with me guys! We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment