Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

WW Wed.


Man, have I got some yumminess to share with you! I have been doing great on my eating, but have not been able to exercise like I should. I have got to find time to do this for myself. Last night I cooked a lovely meal for my family. You should try these recipes- they really are delicious! I found the turkey burger on Oprah Winfrey's website- she quoted this burger being the best she had ever had. It is served at Donald Trump's private club "Mar-a-Lago" in Palm Beach. I have to agree with Oprah- I do believe this is the best turkey burger I have ever had! And what a wonderful way to hide nutritious veggies and fruit from your kids! They will never know what this burger is filled with. : )

Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger
Servings: Serves 8 ( I made 12 with this recipe)
1 burger= 5.5 points


Ingredients
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
3 Granny Smith apples , peeled and diced
1/8 cup canola oil
4 pounds ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. salt (only do 1)
1 Tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. Tabasco® chipotle pepper sauce
1 lemon , juiced and grated zest
1/2 bunch parsley , finely chopped

Directions
Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Note: I put all of my ingredients minus the saice and lemon juice in my food processor to make everything very small. I knew if the burger had chunks in it, there would be no fooling my husband. ;) Worked like a charm! I served my burgers on thin multi-grain buns. I believe the point value was 2.

Garlic Hummus
Makes 4 cups
1/3 cup= 1 point


Ingredients
15 oz. can chick peas
2 to 4 cloves garlic
1/3 c. tahini (seseme seed paste)
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. onion powder
3 tsp. water (add more for consistency if need be)
3 1/4 garlic salt

Puree in blender... warm if desired and serve.

Note: I served my hummus with Toufayan Pita Bread. Take one round and cut into triangles with pizza cutter. 1 round= 4 points. White and Whole Grain equal the same amount of points.

Don't forget to check out my sidebar for snack ideas and link up below for WW. Wed. Have a productive day!

Love, E
photo source- here.

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

4 comments:

  1. I will have to try that turkey burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turkey burger looks delish! I've always done turkey because I don't really like red meat, but I think it's time I spice up my recipe! YuM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love hummus (I have a recipe in which you use raw almonds soaked and peeled instead of chickpeas. So good!). I will give this recipe a try for sure. Seems easy to make and looks delicious!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just discovered hummus this weekend & AM IN LOVE!!! But where do you find tahini???

    ReplyDelete