Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WW Wed.


I have been doing so good the past few days. Here's the deal;

I lost 30 lbs. in 4 months on WW.
Then over the holidays I gained 5 lbs. of it back.
Since I got back on track, I've lost 3.5 lbs.
Leaving me with a weight loss total of 28.5 lbs.

I'm getting down to business for real- no playing around! Summer time is right around the corner and I want to feel good about myself when I lose the cardigans, turtle necks, and snow boots. I know you can relate. Please tell me you relate. :)

YOU are my support system so I've started a linky for my WW Wed. blog posts. Even if you are not doing Weight Watchers and are just trying to live a healthier lifestyle, link up on Wed and spread the word. I love reading what others are cooking, drinking, and what tricks they may have to making this lifestyle easier. You can also check out my side bar every week to see a different snack I have found and what's it's point intake is.

Speaking of cooking- over the weekend I cooked two new recipes and LOVED them. Actually, the entire family did! You must try these two recipes!

Chicken & Black Bean- Stuffed Burritos
By: CookingLight
Only 9 WW points per burrito :)

Total: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burrito)

Ingredients
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Cooking spray

Preparation
1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in shredded chicken and green onions.
2. Combine beans and salsa. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 burritos. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of burritos, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, and repeat procedure with the remaining 2 burritos.

Nutritional Information: Calories:353 Fat:9.8g (sat 4.1g,mono 3.6g,poly 1.3g) Protein:30.9g Carbohydrate:33.1g  Fiber:2.4g Cholesterol:72mg  Iron:1.6mg Sodium:595mg Calcium:137mg

AND

Asian Grilled Chicken
(I served these with green salad)
by Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Only 3 pts per 2 cutlets


Servings: 3 • Size: 2 cutlets • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 55 • Fat: 3.0 • Carbs: 5.7 • Fiber: 0.6 • Protein: 1.9

6 thin boneless skinless chicken cutlets (3 oz each)
Marinade:
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 green onions, minced
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tsp honey
2 tsp sesame oil

Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken, turn the pieces to coat evenly, cover and place in refrigerator a minimum of three hours, but preferably overnight.

Preheat grill to high. Grill chicken top side down first until well browned charred, about 5 minutes, turn and cook on the second side about 3 more minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
 
Love, E
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've been back on track and losing recently! And honestly... for the holidays that isn't a bad gain- especially since you jumped right back on and dropped 3.5 of it right away! You're keeping me motivated because I KNOW that no matter what I see on the scale Wednesday mornings that I will have to blog about it and link up for Weight Watchers Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job!! I can't wait to try out those recipes. I put some recipes on my blog today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate! I got back on the weight watchers wagon on the first (after taking the holidays off) I lost 20lbs in 2010...and I want to lose 15 more before I turn 30 in april....time is slipping away!!

    ReplyDelete