Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Work

Ahh... I'm back at work today after a much needed break. Luckily, I work for the University and we get an 11 day break. My lucky number! I'm hoping since it's 2011- it will be my year of good things to come! The holidays were absolutely wonderful for me this year. I did some baking of course, shopping, gift-wrapping, holiday parties, etc.. but mostly I was just lazy and enjoyed lying around the house with my little man and other family members. We put together puzzles, watched TONS of old "Dexter" episodes, saw "Black Swan", and ate like there was no tomorrow!

Christmas was awesome getting to see my Judson get excited over his presents from Santa and turning in circles around the room saying "wow". My daddy said something I've never heard him say before, "This has been the best Christmas ever!" with a big smile on his face. And I agree. I went to bed that night thanking God for my many blessings- and he has given us so many. Christmas was magical this year- I guess kids can make it seem that way, and sometimes husbands too. You can imagine my surprise when I opened my very last gift under the tree and found a beautiful iced blue Kitchen Aid mixer!

 I cried! I really did. But not because I got a mixer. But because my husband took the time to get something for me that I really did not expect. In case you don't know- those things are pricey! And this has not been our year to say the least. But he made sure he was able to get it for me. That moment was magical. : )

The Monday after Christmas I drove to Birmingham early in the morning to meet a girlfriend of mine for the day. I got to play in the snow and sight see while we were there. Had a blast with my camera!




I also had the BEST breakfast I have ever had in my life!! Seriously! You MUST try "Another Broken Egg" and you MUST not even dream of counting Weight Watchers points while you are there. As you can see--- I did not! We ate every last bite- and enjoyed every last minute of it! Delicious Blackberry Grits, Crabcakes Cavallo (crabcakes, benedict style, with poached eggs smothered in hollandaise sauce), and Cinnamon Roll French Toast! Need I say more?


Mine and my brother's birthdays were on New Year's Eve and the weather was nasty so we all got under the carport and hooked up the big screen and the Wii. We played that new game "Just Dance" and had dance contests well into the night. which was more fun that I can express LOL
This picture cracks me up! My sister's boyfriend beat me at Britney Spears "Toxic" which really pisses me off! LOL- I must practice!


After that- I slept late, watched more Dexter and indulged myself in homemade banana pudding. Today- I came back to reality; the office and five pounds heavier than I was 11 days ago. I've never wanted to go work out so bad in my life. I feel disgusting and great all at the same time. I have five months until beach time so GAME ON!

Love, E

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures & the recap!!!!!!! That ICED BLUE MIXER IS JUST THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE most darling thing! I would want to BAKE MORE if I had something like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful break. And no lie, I was addicted to Dexter while away from work as well...just can't get enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet Emily! I hope you had the best Christmas holiday ever - that iced blue mixer is just BEAUTIFUL!! I know you will enjoy it :) ★ Happy New Year with love! ★ xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete