Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

WW Wed.


Hello sweet cakes! How is your healthy eating going? I had a meltdown yesterday but kept a tight grip on reality. For some reason I just craved bad things- I went on a pizza kick around 9:30 a.m. I just wanted it! BUT thank goodness I didn't get any. Instead, I ate my boiled egg whites for breakfast. Around lunch time I was DYING for anything greasy and delicious! I passed an Arby's and longed for curly fries; I stopped to get gas and smiled as I looked into the store window and saw personal pan pizza's. I literally made myself get back into my car, drive back to the office, and heat up my Lean Cuisine meal. I am thinking maybe I should go get me a pizza today (one that I can calculate the points for) and satisfy my cravings before I go nuts and eat everything in sight. But until then, you should give this recipe a try. I know this doesn't sound too great, but believe me when I say ... it's splendid! The combination of these ingredients just make this taste that I can't describe. My Nana makes some every Christmas and it's light and wonderful.

Cranberry Pineapple Salad

Serves 12 at 1.5 WW pts each*

1 pkg (6 oz) raspberry sugar free jello
1 can (16 oz) jellied cranberry sauce
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tbs lemon juice
1 3/4 cups boiling water
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional*

In bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Breakup and stir in cranberry sauce. Add pineapple, orange juice and lemon juice. Chill until partially set. Stir in nuts*. Pour into 11 X 7 X 2 dish or jello mold.

*Without nuts, each serving is 1.5 pts. With nuts, each serving is 3 points.

To make things easier, you can I pour mixture into 6 individual glad-ware containers to let it set up and your desserts will be ready to go to work with you with no fuss.
Love, E

No comments:

Post a Comment