Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Five Question Friday


1. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

We open presents Christmas morning after Santa comes, of course. We have always begged my Mama to let us open one gift on Christmas Eve but she refuses : )

2. What is your favorite Christmas cookie (or candy)?
Ritz Cracker Cookies- I told you about them the other day on my baking post. Take 2 Ritz crackers and put peanut butter in between. Dip the sandwich in melting chocolate and let harden. Delicious!! I also love Ribbon Candy. So pretty and so yummy.

3. What's the worst Christmas gift you've ever received?
Hmm... I don't think I have ever received a bad Christmas present. I guess you could say I was the most "disappointed" by the Mr. Potato Head I opened in 8th grade from a classmate. We drew names in our homeroom and I was so excited to open my gift and then so disappointed after I did. BUT, that may have been all she had to give and I was thankful for the thought and effort.

4. Christmas song that you love?
Ah man, I have so many! BUT the ones that come to mind are:
"Have yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland, "O Holy Night" by Celine Dion, and "All I want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey.

5. How many trees do you put up?
Our small home only allows us to have one tree, but one day I hope I have a beautiful big formal living room where I can do a great big tree and then another tree in our family den. Christmas literally throws up on our house and I love it! Every room must have something festive! LOL
photographs via here and here.
 
Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!
 
Love, E

3 comments:

  1. "BUT, that may have been all she had to give and I was thankful for the thought and effort." - you are SO sweet. That made me smile! And the Mariah Carey song is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go to a candlelight service on Christmas Eve at my daughter's church. It is one of my favorite traditions.

    Mary did ya know? Is one of my favorite songs...but I love the very old fashioned Christmas songs and hymns too.

    Your blog is decorated pretty Emily. Very cheerful..and Christmasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so lovely! I'm glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete