Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deliciousness

Howdy. I don't know about you but the holidays just put me in a baking mood! Over the weekend I baked and baked.... and baked, until my feet hurt so bad from standing so long . I cleared out the kitchen, sent the boys on an adventure (so what if it was just Wal-mart) and got to baking! I usually eat one of everything I make, just to try it, but it's the baking that's fun for me. This is good because I DID NOT translate any recipe into Weight Watchers points. I just baked and gave it away. :) Here is what I made:
Original Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies:
Click ----------------------> here!

Chocolate covered Ritz crackers: best thing to ever be made for the holidays! Just take 2 Ritz crackers, spread peanut butter in between and then dip in melting chocolate. Set on wax paper and let harden. I dipped half in white chocolate and the rest in milk chocolate.

Chocolate drizzled pound cake: I had never made pound cake before so I googled until I found a fairly easy recipe and boy am I glad I did- this cake was so moist and good! Click here for the cake recipe. I used the left over melting chocolate and drizzled all over the cake.

Sprinkle pound cake: So... I saw this picture awhile back and saved it because I thought it was the prettiest little cake slices ever. I made up what I thought this cake was and voila! it turned out to be great! Just use the pound cake recipe from above and bake in a loaf pan. Make this glaze here and pour over cake right after it comes out of the oven and is still in the pan. Then cover the top of the cake with sprinkles and pour another layer of the glaze. Let sit until cooled. Carefully dump the cake out and slice into pretty little pieces. Isn't it festive!
 Oh yeah... and I added a few drops of lemon extract to the pound cake batter. :)

I put everything into cute little tins I found at Wal-mart for only $1 and $2 and gave them to the neighbors and our parents. I already have requests for more helpings :) What are you baking this holiday season?

Love, E

1 comment:

  1. WHY don't you live in SC!?!? ahhhh! i want all this so bad. i agree, that pound cake is precious!! i really want that now :)

    ReplyDelete