Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Play List

Music has always meant a lot to me- there have been so many songs that I have just really spoke to me. You know how when you went through a bad breakup or a fight with a friend you could always pop in Justin Timberlake’s “Cry Me a River” or Kelly Clarkson’s “Beautiful Disaster”? LOL! There are songs that I listen to that take me back to certain moments in my life; some make me smile and others just make me want to cry. I listen to and love all sorts of music- hard rock, country, rap, pop, even classical.

One day I happened to put my radio on Power 88 (88.5FM) which is a Christian music station. There was as guy on there talking and he challenged listeners to listen to that station for 30 days and he promised your life would be changed in some way forever. So… I gave it a try and his promise proved to be true. Not every song on that station is necessarily about God, but THEY ARE ALL positive and uplifting. These songs I listened to spoke to me in ways I had never been spoken to. I listen to this station 24/7 now and it has drastically changed my thinking about some things. Give it a try and I promise you will find music that will speak to you too! Here are my current favorites and that are on my playlist ( I tried to make a top 10 and just couldn’t narrow them down!)
1. Meridith Andrews- “Can Anybody Hear Me?”
2. Britt Nicole- “The Lost Get Found” And “Walk On The Water”
3. Plumb- “Beautiful History”
4. Decypher Down- “Best I Can”
5. Starfield- “Rediscover You”
6. Francesca Battistelli- “Beautiful, Beautiful” and “It’s Your Life”
7. Sanctus Real- “I’m Forgiven”
8. Switchfoot- “Always”
9. Revive- “Blink”
10. Phil Stacey- “Some Kind of Love”
11. Kris Allen- “Live Like We’re Dying”
12. Mandisa- “He is With You”
13. Tal & Acacia- “Yahweh”
14. POD- Anything by POD. They stand to be my all time favorite Christian music group! Love them!

Love, E
Photo by: merrie91

No comments:

Post a Comment