Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Little Tree

I have known since I was a little girl that I wanted to be a school teacher. I used to gather all the neighborhood kids underneath our carport, have roll call, and play school all day long during the summer time. Why I got a degree in business, I have no idea, but I am headed in the right direction now. After what seems like an eternity of going to school, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is not graduation time for me yet, but I have started getting more in depth with my teaching courses and I love it!
Even though I plan to teach high school students, I did my teaching observation at Saraland Elementary School last week and had such a good time. I was so nervous pulling up to the school, but when I walked inside the front doors, I automatically felt at home again. I was greeted by my 3rd grade teacher Ms. Knight from so long ago and I could have melted. She is responsible for this dream of mine to be a teacher. She is responsible for teaching me my times tables, cursive writing, and how to count money. :)  
Thanks Ms. Knight for making such a difference in my life. You are the teacher that always stood out and I love you for it. I hope that one day I can be that teacher that my students remember years later.
The other night I spent some time with the director of The Little Tree Preschool, Holly Rogers, M.Ed., BCBA. The Little Tree is an innovative program that helps children with developmental delays, specifically autism. You may have heard of The LEARNING Tree in Mobile- well this is the 3, 4, and 5 year olds associated with that program. Hearing about what this school does just makes me happy! I love what they are doing and can’t wait to do some volunteer work there. They are a non-profit organization so any donations or volunteer work is greatly appreciated. For more information please visit their site here.

Love, E

No comments:

Post a Comment