Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chicken Panini's and Potato Salad

Last night for dinner I got this sandwich in my head that I wanted to make, so we tried making it and it turned out scrumptious! I took chicken tenders and cooked them on the stove (or you can grill them). Meanwhile... heat up your griddle or pan (whichever you have) and do the following steps:
1. Cut pieces of sour dough bread in half. Cover one side with your local grocery store's garlic spread. Mine came from Bruno's by their bakery bread. Place the bread on the griddle like you would a grilled cheese and let it start to get crunchy.
2. Sprinkle your choice of shredded cheese on the bread and let melt. I used Sargento's Italian Pasta Cheese mix. It has herbs mixed in with it and taste delicious!
3. After the cheese starts to melt, add your chicken tenders and top piece of bread. Flip back and forth and let cook until it is nice and toasty. You can add whatever ingredients to it.. (onions, tomatoes, bacon) to give them more flavor.
My family thoroughly enjoyed them and went back for seconds :)
Sorry I don't have a picture of my finished panini's.. my camera somehow did not keep the picture I took. So disapointed because they turned out so pretty.
To go with the panini's I made a quick potato salad-
Just boil chopped up, washed, and peeled golden potatoes and drain.
Take a large container of sour cream and mix half a package of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing seasoning. Mix with potatoes and add real bacon bits, chives, salt and pepper. YUMMY!
Love, E

No comments:

Post a Comment