Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Two years ago today, I was already up and anxiously awaiting the events that would unfold on that beautiful Saturday. Our rehearsal dinner went well despite the fact that the slide show I had worked hard on for six months could not be shown to our family and wedding party because the machine turned up missing that day. I was very upset to say the least, but the food was incredible and everyone was able to make it. We had a really good time!
My sister in law and my baby sister spent the night with me that night and we stayed up late learning how to do the some dance that I can't even remember the name of now (but at the wedding, I kept accidentally doing the electric slide for some reason! lol)
The next morning I woke up to my sister staring at me smiling and my sister in law running and jumping on my bed. It was the day!! Our wedding day! We got showers and went by Cassie's mothers house to pick up my niece Hartleigh and then went to my mom's hair salon (at the time) to get beautified :) and boy were we! All of my bridesmaids were just gorgeous! Did I mention that when we picked Hartleigh up, Cassie's mom introduced me to a little concoction called the Lemon Drop, which we started sipping on at 7:30 that morning.
After we were all beautiful we headed to the Promise Land which is a beautiful piece of property in Irvington, Alabama with a mansion and lake sitting on it. When we pulled on the property and I saw all of the caterers and florist running around getting things ready, it hit me that this was seriously about to happen- I was about to marry the man of my dreams. Jimbo is everything I could wish for- a true gentleman. That evening in the bride's room was filled with best friends, liquored filled chocolate covered strawberries, chips and dip, stuffed celery, and for me.. lots and lots of water! We laughed, we cried, and above all I was surprisingly calm. Hartleigh who was one at the time followed me around everywhere. She was just precious.

Occasionally I would peak out the window to see who all had arrived. My biggest fear was that no one would come to my wedding, but they did! They really did! Then it was time! I stood behind the long line of bridesmaids waiting on my turn to walk out. I felt like I could just run down that isle. I couldn't wait any longer to marry him. Then when it came my turn my Dad had an episode. My daddy has inner ear problems and has actually had all sorts of tests ran to see what is actually wrong, but he gets really dizzy and sometimes will pass out. He had been feeling bad all afternoon and right as we went to walk down the isle he turned white as a ghost! Here comes the bride played at least 4 times before we were able to get him okay enough to walk. Scared me so bad! It is actually pretty funny now, but it was very scary that day! My mom and I pretty much walked my daddy down the isle. We like to pick on him about it.

After my nerves calmed down and I was able to concentrate on my husband- I got all giddy like a little kid and I could not help but think about when I was little and used to have pretend weddings in our back yard. It all happened so quick! Before I knew it we were husband and wife and dancing our first dance!

One thing I will never forget about that night was when Farren broke down right before we were leaving. She lost it and it was the sweetest, most raw moment I have ever had with her. When we were driving away (my new HUSBAND and I) we just kept looking at each other and laughing! We could not believe the wedding was over.

We stayed at the Battle House Hotel that night and after much begging.. I finally talked my mom into coming there and cutting all my hair off. There was no way I was going to Cancun with all that mess on my head! I woke up at 4:30 a.m. saying omg where's all my hair.. and oh my goodness.. I have a husband! lol

We flew to Cancun and stayed at an all inclusive resort that was just fabulous and had the time of our lives (despite me having to call home trying to make sure my homework was taken care of!). It's been two years and although so much has happened including a baby, I still get nervous around him, love taking care of him, and absolutely adore him! Happy Anniversary to the love of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment