Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scrap Tree



It's inevitable- the fall season just brings something out of me! All I want to do is cook and make things! There is this urge to do creative things that takes over me and will not stop until I start working on at least a dozen different projects at home. One of my dearest friends, Toni, called me early this morning just bouncing off the walls with ideas for things to make. Toni and I think alot alike. That's what I like about Toni, lol. My first project this fall was canning homemade apple butter, now my second project was making a scrap tree :) So much fun and so cute! I just took old fabric scraps and cut them into various "scrappy" shapes and used fabric glue to stick them on a regular artist canvas. I have an old dramatic/vintage looking frame that I am going to put it in and hang it in our house. It reminds of the leaves changing in the fall. I love it! I got the idea from a mum made of fabric that I saw on pierone.com. It was for sale for $75. Mine was much cheaper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment