Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Alabama/Mississippi/Tennessee/Arkansas Trip

Hello dolls,
So... last week I told you all about how we were going to travel with my in-laws to Memphis for a family member's wedding? Well, we did and we had a blast! I love going on road trips and this one was a little extended due to a wrong turn. Not sure who's fault that was lol, but I do know that the signal was lost on all i-phones in the car! Lol- that's okay though, because we had plenty to entertain us... tents in the back seat, eating snacks the ENTIRE trip (what is it about getting the munchies while riding long periods of time in the car?), watching movies, and laughing our butts off at each other's delirious babble.


We finally made it there, but not before we had a lemon incident at the "Huddle House".  Long story short- has any one ever heard of having to pay the price of a lemonade when you order a water with a lemon slice? Me either. Until the Huddle House. Kinda silly- just saying.

The next morning, we took Judson to the Memphis Zoo and I have to say, it was very nice! The zoo grounds were really pretty, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and they had a BROAD range of animals. The three of us had a really good time and would not mind going back sometime.




We went back to the hotel, took naps, visited other family members who were at the same hotel, and then went to Kristi and Tyler's wedding. My child is really good- but he was tired and getting hungry as the wedding started, therefore he was cranky, did not want to sit still, began to pick their flowers that were hanging on the end chairs, and wanted to chit-chat A LOT! That's why we had to bribe him with the Mac (his pacifier). He looks really thrilled to be taking a picture with me here.


I felt like a terrible mother after we arrived at the wedding reception and I realized it was so late and he must be STARVING! That baby was so hungry that he grabbed a fork and ran to the back of the cake table..and..was..sooooo close.. just inches...away from scooping out a big bite of the wedding cake! Thank the lord I grabbed him up! I would have died.. you hear me? DIED. Here's a pic of the kids (mine included) waiting for the cake to be served.


Good thing that the Neely's were catering! If you watch the Food Network then you know who I'm talking about!! They were the nicest folks and I sware that was the best BBQ I've ever had. The wedding was beautiful and once our tummy's were full.. we were all HAPPY!! I think Judson even did a little dance :)

 (My in-laws. Aren't they cute?)
Cousin Wendy and I.

We ended the trip with a nice wrong turn (okay, a few) that led us into Arkansas, then we came back for a picture in front of the Pyramid Arena and it was so blinding out there that our heads did not show up in the pics LOL, lunch at the Neely's resteraunt, and of course more snacks on the way home!!!




Seriously FUN trip.

Love, E


1 comment:

  1. Fun reading, Em!!! Thanks for not blaming anyone for any of the many wrong turns. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete