Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Weight Watchers Wed.


Good morning sunshine! Except for there is no sunshine here... it's cold and dreary outside. Hopefully it will warm up soon and my afternoon runs will be enjoyable again. I can't wait until spring time! How have you been doing on Weight Watchers or your healthy eating plan of choice? I did not lose any this week, but I know that's how it usually goes. One week ya lose and the next week you are at a stand-still. If you just keep doing what you are supposed to, that weight will eventually come off. It's got to go somewhere, huh?
Oh, I've been meaning to tell you that my Mom gave me a cup... lol, I know, I know.. it's just a cup! But this cup is adorable and I find myself filling it up with ice water every single morning before I leave the house. I fill it up at least 3 more times through out the day. It's 24 oz. so it helps get all the water I need for the day and saves me a ton of money on bottled water. You should try it- maybe it's cuteness will motivate you as well! Click here to see all the cups.

I have been craving a good lasagna lately. I LOVE homemade lasagna, but we all know how fattening that can be. So, I was excited to see the front cover of Weight Watchers new recipe book, "Just 5". Low and behold it was LASAGNA! This is not a very good picture, but I wanted you too see what it looks like because I will be cooking this baby soon! Let you know how it turns out, or if you cook it first, let me know what you think.
Beef and Ricotta Lasagna

Prep 20 min.
Cook/Bake 55 min.
Serves 8
WW Points- 10 points p. serving

Ingredients
1 ½ lbs. ground lean beef (7% or less)
4 c no-salt added marinara sauce
1 (8-ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles (12 noodles)
2 ½ c fat-free ricotta cheese
1 ¼ c grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 F; spray 9 x 13- inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Spray large nonstick skillet with spray and set over medium-high heat. Add beef, ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper; cook, breaking up beef with wooden spoon, until beef is browned and all liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Tilt skillet to drain off any fat that may be left in pan.
3. Spread 1 c marinara sauce over bottom of baking dish. Cover with 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping them slightly as needed. Cover with half of beef, dot with 1 ¼ cups ricotta, and spread another 1 cup marinara sauce on top. Repeat process until all ingredients are used leaving 1 c marinara sauce on very top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
4. Spray sheet of foil with nonstick spray; cover dish with foil and bake lasagna 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until cheese on top browns slightly and noodles are very tender, about 15 minutes longer. Cool 15 min. and cut into 8 squares.

Love, E

2 comments:

  1. I just started WW yesterday and bought that same book. I did WW years ago and was SHOCKED at the new changed. Goodbye paper point slider LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coworker had this cookbook but I didn't have a chance to look through it. Thanks for posting this recipe. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete