Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

December's Book of the Month

My mother has always read my family (me, my brother, sister, and father) a story every Christmas Eve since I can remember and even though I am about to be 27 years old.. and our family has accumulated a son-in-law, grandson, future daughter-in-law, and a boyfriend.. my mother still reads the story on Christmas Eve and we all love it! Since I was a little girl I have dreamed of one day having that day where I would be nestled by the Christmas tree reading an adventurous Christmas story to my four children (1 down, 3 to go!) and husband. We would sip on hot cocoa and the children would lay around sleepy eyed and excited about the following morning in their pajamas while I read aloud. Ahhh... I know. I know. My mom's story is quite short- takes about 15 minutes to read the entire story, but I found the neatest book that is pretty long and if you are like me and enjoy reading... this book could be read to your family over the entire month of December, not just on Christmas Eve.

"The Christmas Chronicles" As told by Jeff Guinn is 735 pages of Christmas magic. This collection includes all three of Jeff Guinn's Christmas Chronicles novels: The Autobiography of Santa Claus, a tale that combines historical fact with legend to tell the true story of Mr. Claus. How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas, a story in which the first lady of Christmas herself tells the story of how she and a very brave group of people once saved a treasured holiday from being lost forever.
The Great Santa Search, a tale that takes readers on a sleigh ride through the history of Christmas in America that lands smack-dab in 2006, as a reality TV show threatens to destroy the true spirit of Christmas.


Guinn is also the author of "Santa's North Pole Cookbook" that is really awesome because children in America know Santa's favorite treat as being milk and cookies, but this book tells all of the wonderful treats Santa likes to eat from all over the world! Santa describes each recipe and what makes it special at the holidays, along with his recollections of the country of origin.The cookbook offers an array of foods, beverages and desserts for breakfasts, dinners and parties. There are even a few recipes enjoyed by historical figures!

No comments:

Post a Comment