Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

One of my Favorite Places to GO!







SO.. I have this PLACE I like to visit daily. I guess you could call it my secret haven I like it so much :) I must talk about it to my husband every night before we go to bed and I find myself aspiring to be more like the creator of this place. So, where and what is it you ask? Well, over a year ago I somehow stumbled across a blog that a woman wrote. The more I read, the more intrigued I became and the more I found myself visiting the site to see what she wrote next. This mother... Stephanie Nielson, is everything I've always wanted to be as a mother. I get so excited every time she posts a new entry! The name of her blog is the "The NieNie Dialogues"... how clever! After a few months of reading her blogs, I logged on and read that on Saturday, August 16, 2008 Stephenie and her husband Christian (whom she calls Mr. Nielson in her entries) were in a near fatal plane crash and were severely burned. I was so sad to read the updates her family posted while they watched over poor Nienie's children. I prayed for them to get better. This world was too blessed to have a mother like her and then lose her. For what seems like forever I have been printing off her delicious recipes she has shared and wondering what it must be like to be her friend.




Her and her husband are now home, but they are scarred. She cannot do all the things that she used to do and can not be in the sun for two years, but she is strong and beautiful. She is special. To me and to so many others so I wanted to share her story with you. Her humor, sadness, quirkiness, and loveliness captivate me. Go check it out.








No comments:

Post a Comment