Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Sweet Daddy


My daddy has been many things to me over the years...

My super hero saving me after skint knees trying to learn how to ride my bike at the campground without training wheels, the greatest friend I could have on the park playground (he taught me how to play on the monkey bars at Fairhope Pier), the best swimmer and sand castle builder at the beach (he would play in the water for hours with my brother and I).... time passed and he became a great tutor to help me with my homework, a Lego-block master!, someone I felt safest with and a daddy who would pray for me every night.... time passed and he became the biggest pain in my butt! Grounding me for every little thing, thinking I did not love him anymore because I was a teenager lol, and forbidding me to hang out with the boys... time passed and he became the person I came to when I needed advice about those boys, a shoulder to cry on when my heart was broken, to get advice about what I should go to college for, and needing him to be there with me when I purchased my first car on my own. NOW... he's one of my best friends, a wonderful father-in-law to my husband, and the greatest Papa I could ever imagine my son having. I love him and appreciate him more than he will ever know. Happy Father's Day Daddy. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment