Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Fiber 35 Diet

Hey Ladies,
Here is the diet I am on.. or I like to call it my new Challenge lol.... Its called the fiber 35 diet.. basically the rules are:You get 1500 calories a day to use however you like... BUT within those calories you have to get 35 grams of fiber! I did it before my wedding and lost 13lbs in 3 weeks! I will sware by this diet.
Okay so I found the diet online at www.fiber35diet.com which is completely free. You can sign up and go to meal tracking I believe and print you off some pages to keep up with what you are eating and to see the formula the diet uses for the end of the day. Once you get it down pat, you may be able to do it in your head instead of using the journal, but I like keeping up with it personally.
I usually buy the Fiber One bars... I like the Oats and Chocolate and they just came out with a new one that I like.. Oats and Apple Streusel. Delicious! They have several other flavors too. They also make cereals, pop-tarts, muffins, pancake batter, and yogurt. I buy this because their bars alone have 9 grams of fiber in them!
You basically look for stuff that has lots of fiber... a medium apple has 5 grams, 1 cup of cooked broccoli has 4.5 g, plain baked potato with skin has 4.8 g, 1 slice of whole wheat bread has 2 g. brown rice has up to 8 g for 1 cup. There are endless possibilities out there.
If I know I am going to eat out on my lunch break or on the weekends I usually would look up the nutrition facts online of the restaurant we are going to and find whatever has the most fiber in it.
I like that you can eat anything you want. Also, you can take fiber pills. I buy the Wal-mart brand Fiber Therapy and get some of my fiber grams from there if need be. Just so you know 6 of those pills=3 g. 10c. and the bottle says you can only take 15 a day.
Here is a sample of one of my days:
Breakfast: Frosted Shredded Wheat (1 serving) 217.5 c / 4.5 fiber
Snack: Fiber One Bar 130 c / 9 fiber
Lunch: Banquet Frozen Chicken Parmesan w/penne and broccoli meal 350c. / 8 fiber
Dinner: Bertolli brand Stuffed shells with scampi sauce 590c / 9 fiber
green beans (2 cups) 80c. / 8 fiber
TOTAL: 1367.5 calories and 38.5 fiber
Fiber Flush Formula (multiply daily total fiber x 7) = 269.5
Net Calories (subtract daily total calories - fiber flush)= 1098
A good site to check calories on is www.calorieking.com if you are unsure. If you have any questions let me know! :) BTW- sometimes I do not get all my fiber but I still lose weight. At least try to get in the 20's.

3 comments:

  1. Ok- so I am going to totally be trying this! Allie-Parker was not very nice to me and I gained 40 pounds with here and I still have about 20 more to loose :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am in the same boat! Judson helped pack me on a whopping 42lbs lol and I have 15 prego lbs. left to get off and then I have even more I would like to get rid of! We can do this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a calorie counter app for BB and iPhones. It's just like the one on smartpeople(?). :)

    ReplyDelete