Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Salmon Sistarita :)


Over the past few years, I have acquired the taste for Salmon. Seems like everywhere I go I long for the salmon on the menu. My friends and family pick on me because they can always guess what I am going to order.... SALMON! It is just so yummy, filling, and wonderfully full of nutrients for your body. I leave dinner filling nice, not overstuffed. I told my friend Maranda that it would be so much fun to travel around the world and document my Salmon findings, lol but realistacally I will have to start with here. Below is a list of the places that I have tried Salmon and I have put them in the order of my favorite being #1 down to my not so favorite. You get the picture! Here goes-

1. Harbor Room Resteraunt located in Riverview Plaza Hotel, Mobile, Ala.- Pan seared Salmon with Whipped Cream Potatoes and Lemon infused Olive Oil. Absolutely superb!!!

2. Ruby Tuesday's Asian Glazed Salmon glazed with Peanut-Barbeque sauce and served with steamed broccoli and brown rice pilaf. This sauce is delicious!! I was surprised they were my 2nd favorite! :)

3. Green Street Cafe, Miami, FL- Salmon Penne, Light Cream and Vodka Sauce over Smoked Salmon. Very different BUT very good!

4. The Cheesecake Factory- Herb Crusted Fillet of Salmon with Lemon Sauce and Mashed Potatoes. Such a delight- even though I was sick pregnant with Judson at the time I tried it.

5. Logan's Roadhouse Grilled Salmon served with Garlic-dill sauce. Wonderful, but could do without the dill sauce.

6. Mikato Japanese Steak House, Mobile, Ala.- Hibachi style Salmon with fried rice and veggies. I get this with a side of terriyaki chicken. Love it!!

7. Atlanta Bread Company- Wild Alaskan Salmon Fillet served on your choice of bread or salad greens. Nice change!

8. Longhorn Steakhouse- Salmon in secret Bourbon marinade served over seasoned rice. I did not care for this "secret" marinade at all. :(

9. NEXT UP- Olive Garden- Herb Grilled Salmon Filley brushed with Italian Herbs and Extra Virgin Olive oil. Will let you know how it turns out.. you know just in case you love Salmon as much as I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment