Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

WHATEVER


am ugly. I am fat. I am not good enough. I can't hang out with them because I am not pretty enough. These are all the lies I have told myself growing up. I have always had self esteem issues and I don't really know why. No one ever did or said anything to make me feel this way; I just did. I would cry looking in the mirror at myself. I remember weighing 115 lbs and telling my friends "no" to beach trips because I didn't want anyone to see me in a swimsuit. I missed out on so many fun opportunities because I was insecure. My husband tells me I am gorgeous every day but I'm not sure if I will ever actually believe that he truly thinks that. That's not good. 

It's pathetic, isn't it? I have always been so incredibly hard on myself. For the past couple of years I have been trying to love myself more and realize that no one is perfect. Every girl has something they don't like about themselves and for every one of those girls there is another one wishing they could look like them. I still struggle with insecurities at times but I am learning that I am fearfully and wonderfully made by my God and I am trying to see myself through his eyes. I am a child of God and I am trying to be more positive about myself. 

The truth is that I have cellulite and stretch marks from having a baby. I am a few pounds overweight and my nose is kinda weird. My 2nd toe is longer than my first and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am starting to see lines on my 33 year old face BUT... I think my eyes are pretty and I have a fun personality. I am sweet, smart, and creative. God made me that way. 

Knowing this struggle within myself, it only made sense that I say "yes" when I was asked to be a part of the "Whatever Ministry" for middle and high school girls and their moms. I have a passion within me to help encourage young women so they don't feel the way I did when I was younger. The Whatever Ministry promotes the beauty of modesty as a lifestyle. We seek to help young women discover their true beauty, value, and purpose in Christ through fun and informative events throughout the year. 

I encourage all of you moms our there who have daughters or nieces or just know someone in this age group to bring them them out to one of our events. On September 17 we are having our annual "Whatever Gathering" in Mobile, Alabama. Miss Florida 2015 will be speaking and we will have a fashion show, praise and worship, food trucks, a philanthropic market for shopping and so much more! 

I challenge you to step out of your comfort zone and purchase you and one other person a ticket. Come spend a Saturday with us and see what we are all about! I promise you won't regret it! I hope to see some familiar faces there :) 

Oh, and have I told you lately how beautiful you are?? Well...you are and I love you! 

Love, Em 

Check out our website here: http://whatevergirlsevent.wixsite.com/whatever
Purchase tickets here: http://whatevergirlsevent.wixsite.com/whatever/the-gathering

"Finally, brothers and sisters, WHATEVER is true, WHATEVER is noble, WHATEVER is right, WHATEVER is pure, WHATEVER is lovely, WHATEVER is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things." Philippians 4:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment