Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009


I read Randy Pausch’s “The Last Lecture” when it first came out and loved it, but I had to watch the actual lecture on YouTube yesterday for a school assignment and was reminded how much I really loved it! If you have never seen or read it, you should go watch it here. It’s one of those lectures that you just think about for days after you hear it… it’s that good. Hearing Randy talk about childhood dreams made me think back to a list I made when I was younger of my childhood dreams. Looking at it now- it is pretty funny!
1. To own a restaurant. (I have the name and menu ready to go!)
2. To get married and have 4 kids. (1 down; 3 to go!)
3. To have my picture taken in front of the Hollywood sign. ( Haven't made it there yet.)
4. To be a teacher, ballerina, or music video producer. (Working on the teacher one, lol)
5. To have a book published. ( Go buy it here)
6. To work at Disney World. (Maybe one day after I retire I can be Cinderella’s fairy godmother.)
7. To swim in the Dead Sea. (It has always been fascinating to me.)
8. To meet the author of “The Babysitter’s Club” books. (I wrote Ann M. Martin when I was 12. She wrote me back with a signed autograph. Good enough, lol)
9. To be just like Anne of Green Gables. (Wow! No comment, lol!)
10. To swim in a pool of jello. (I had such high aspirations!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Emily. Love your site. I also would like to hear more about your book!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to work at disney world too. one of my friends does now and LOVES it. i may just have to do that one of these days before i settle down. lol. and the hollywood sign picture go to griffith observatory in hollywood and you can get an awesome pic :D

    ReplyDelete